TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA TRAINING
Facilitator: Becky Morrissey, LPCC-S, LICDC-CS, ERYT500
Location: SPY North
- Mary NurrieStearns, Yoga for Emotional Trauma (for weekend 1)
- David Emerson’s Overcoming Trauma with Yoga and Trauma Sensitive Yoga: Bringing the Body into Treatment (weekend 2)
- Course 1: Clarify & Facilitate 1- October 4th-5th 2019
- Course 2, Part B: Facilitate 2 - November 16th-17th 2019
Becky Morrissey is a yoga therapist and licensed mental health and addictions clinician. This course is a training experience focused on working with and creating trauma-sensitive yoga practices. Join Becky for an engaging, accessible, theoretically grounded teaching and practice skill series, for the safe and effective use of yoga to heal from Trauma.
What is trauma sensitive yoga? TSY is body oriented and spiritually nourishing. It is instructive and emphasizes choices. TSY provides structure to help foster our internal sense of safety, personal agency and choice in cultivating our capacity for self-awareness and self-regulation.
This 50 hour yoga therapy training has two courses which is held over two weekend trainings.
Course 1: Clarify & Facilitate 1
In order to be of help to others, understanding our own experiences as preparation and base for compassionate insight will be the focus of this course. Practical, applicable skills will also be used to begin the journey of healing for ourselves and others. Community will be created to support individual growth and practice on and off the mat during and between courses.
Course II: Facilitate 2
This part of the course will provide a detailed framework for conceptualizing why and implementing how to incorporate trauma-sensitive yoga into teaching practices
Program Price & requirements for Trauma Sensitive Training
- Program price $550
- In order to participate in Training you have to be a 200RYT.
- No refunds once payment is received.
- To register CLICK HERE