Heidi Fricke, Founder Simply Power Yoga
200 E-RYT; Primary 500 E-RYT
I have been teaching yoga and other forms of fitness for over 20 years. Prior to yoga, I worked in the financial markets of corporate America. Life in corporate America was 7 days a week, 18 hours a day without pause. Once I had children, I wanted to change direction and step into a world that I could be with my children, have a healthy lifestyle and discover my purpose in this world. I wanted to make a difference by sharing the things I loved most; family, community and healthy living.
Through many marathons as well as watching my own mother struggle with MS, I started to realize the systems of the body and mind needed moments of recovery, strengthening and stability outside the normal routines. I discovered yoga in 2004 and my whole way of being shifted. From that point, I wanted to discover everything I could about yoga, meditation, anatomy, breath and how they supported the body and mind.
- Over 3,200 hours of Yoga Alliance Approved training hours
- YogaFit Level 3 Certification
- Baptiste Yoga - Tier 3 Certified, Completed Level 1,2,3 and FIT to LEAD Graduate, Assisted Multiple Programs for Baptiste Institute
- 100 Hour Anusara Immersion with Sianna Sherman
- Participated in multiple trainings with Global Yoga Leaders/Teachers
- Yin Yoga Training
- Embodied Yoga Pranayama Teacher Training
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TSY)
- YACEP Certified
- 200 Yoga Alliance Approved Embodied Yoga Teacher Training
- Currently in 500 Hour Yoga Medicine Teacher Training Program
- Reiki Level 2 Certified
- Barre Certified
- REAL Ryder Certified
- Over 8,000 Yoga Alliance Approved teaching hours
- Primary Facilitator and Leader of Teacher Training Programs for since 2011; programs include both Adult and Teen Teacher Training Programs.
- Facilitated Unstoppable Training for Baptiste Yoga
- Create content for multiple programs
- Created Youth Programs for Teens and At Risk Youth in Ohio
- Facilitate Retreats, Workshops and All-Day Immersions
- Volunteer at Juvenile Detention Centers in Ohio, Youth Rehabilitation Centers since 2014; part of the Bethany Homeless Shelter team for 3 years; mentor for Africa Yoga Project for 5 years.
- Presenter at Wanderlust in Lake Tahoe, 2014
- Woman of Influence, 2015
- Legacy Lululemon Ambassador, 2013-2016
200 E-RYT; 500 RYT
200 E-RYT; 500 RYT; Reiki Level 2 Practicioner
I began practicing at SPY in 2009 when we first opened, did my 200 hour training about 2 years later, and completed my 300 hour training in 2019. I help facilitate the yin and restorative modules of the 200 RYT programs and am part of the 300 RYT teaching team. In addition to my 200 and 300 hour trainings, I've taken weekend immersions and workshops in yin and restorative yoga and in 2017 completed a 50 hour Yin Yoga Training in Vancouver with Bernie Clark.
When I'm not teaching yoga, I'm teaching 4th grade language arts. I love bringing yoga into the classroom and sharing it with my students and the staff at my school. For my 300 hour training I developed a program for 9-12 year olds based on Baptiste's 40 Day Programs that also incorporated skills kids can use to respond to bullying situations.
- Simply Power Yoga 200 hour yoga teacher training
- Simply Power Yoga 300 hour yoga teaher training
- Yin Yoga 50 hour teacher training with Bernie Clark
- Restorative Yoga Training
- Level 1 and 2 Reiki Practitioner Training
- Currently teaching grounded flow, yin and restorative classes at SPY
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Facilitator
- 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Facilitator
Teaching Hours: 3,180
Training Hours: 2,705
200 E-RYT, 500 E-RYT, YACEP, Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Reiki I, Barre Certified
I began teaching at Simply Power Yoga in October, 2011, started co-facilitating the 200RYT Teacher Training programs in the Fall of 2014 and completed my 300 RYT in 2017. I am one of the primary facilitators of the 200 RYT programs and as part of the 300RYT Team, I currently co-facilitate the Anatomy 101 and the Sequencing/Transitioning modules. I have lead Assisting 101 workshops, Inversion Workshops, Inversion 101 Courses, and the Baptiste 40 days program. Through Simply Power Yoga, I volunteer at the Warren County Juvenile Detention Center and teach/assist at the Annual SPY Nemacolin Woodlands Yoga Retreats. I have also been part of the SPY team to teach yoga at the Bethany House and at Loveland High School with Special Education.
I recently completed a 20-hour Yoga Anatomy Course, Trauma Sensitive Training and Street Yoga Training. I am interested in working on receiving additional training in the area of Yoga for Chronic Pain.
200 E-RYT; 500 RYT; Currently working towards 500 Hour Yoga Medicine Certification
200 E-RYT; 500 RYT
I was introduced to yoga as a way to reward my body for how I was treating it during the week. I was hooked after my first Yin class and immediately fell in love with the Baptiste Methodology of the practice. I discovered yoga was not a fitness class but a practice that altered my life physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
I was making a living in the corporate world but it was unfulfilling. I knew something more was around the corner but I didn't know what.
My 200 Hour YTT invoked my passion for anatomy and physiology and I yearned for additional understanding of how the body works within myself. Six months later, I found myself enrolled in school to become a LMT.
I realized my purpose in life is to be of servie to others through the introduction of mindfulness, relaxation techniques and yoga to teens and by providing clinical massage therapy that is practical and affordable.
My classes are simple and light-hearted, infused with many modalities including Massage and Myofascial Release. I am known for being an anatomy nerd. I believe yoga is for everybody and every body. You can expect to flow, breath + rest oh so deeply.
Simply Power Yoga 200 hr YTT
Simply Power Yoga 300 hr YTT
Licensed Massage Therapist, State of Ohio
Myofascial Release I
RAD Yoga Certification
BS Business Administration, Columbia College
CrossFit L1 Certification
Usui Reiki Third Degree Practitioner
Usui Reiki First Degree Practitioner with Acupressure Integration
- Teen 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Facilitator
- 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Facilitator
- 300 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Facilitator
- Clermont Co Juvenile Detention Center Yoga Facilitator
Teaching Hours: 1,500
200 E-RYT, 500 RYT, YACEP, Trauma Sensitive Yoga
I’ve been practicing yoga since 2011 and it has been one of the greatest gifts of my life. As someone who has always gravitated toward teaching, I immediately had the desire to share what I was experiencing and receiving from yoga with others. I completed my 200 RYT training in 2014 and my 300 RYT training in 2017. Since then I’ve had the privilege of teaching over 1500 hours of yoga to students of all ability and experience levels in both public and private classes.
In January 2017 I helped create Simply Power Yoga’s “Yoga 101” workshops, which have since become Yoga 101 classes that are offered every week at SPY.
In April 2017 I began working with several elite gymnasts and have since worked with hundreds of elite, competitive and recreational gymnasts from all over the United States, parts of Canada and the UK. I’m currently working with teen gymnasts in partnership with USA Gymnastics incorporating yoga, meditation and relaxation techniques into their stressful and intense training schedules.
In October 2017 I participated in a ‘Yoga for Seniors’ training and began working with senior citizens, helping them improve their strength, balance and mental focus.
I’ve had the unique opportunity to volunteer with the youth at the Warren County Juvenile Detention center, helping them experience the difference yoga can make in their lives.
In addition to Yoga for Seniors, I’ve participated in trainings for Yin Yoga, Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Yoga for Anatomy/Breath and Assisting. I continually seek out books, online resources, and podcasts offered by experts in the fields of breath, meditation, anatomy, specialty yoga, restorative yoga and more.
For the last several years I’ve contributed to the 200 and 300 RYT trainings at Simply Power Yoga, facilitating practice teaching, Yoga History/Philosophy and Sequencing/Transitioning sessions. I also participate on the teaching/assisting team at the annual Nemacolin Woodlands Resort yoga retreat and am currently facilitating Baron Baptiste’s 40 Days to Personal Revolution program.
200 E-RYT; 500 RYT