Heidi Fricke, Founder Simply Power Yoga
200 E-RYT; Primary 500 E-RYT
I have been teaching yoga and other forms of fitness for over 20 years. Prior to yoga, I worked in the financial markets of corporate America. Life in corporate America was 7 days a week, 18 hours a day without pause. Once I had children, I wanted to change direction and step into a world that I could be with my children, have a healthy lifestyle and discover my purpose in this world. I wanted to make a difference by sharing the things I loved most; family, community and healthy living.
Through many marathons as well as watching my own mother struggle with MS, I started to realize the systems of the body and mind needed moments of recovery, strengthening and stability outside the normal routines. I discovered yoga in 2004 and my whole way of being shifted. From that point, I wanted to discover everything I could about yoga, meditation, anatomy, breath and how they supported the body and mind.
- Over 3,200 hours of Yoga Alliance Approved training hours
- YogaFit Level 3 Certification
- Baptiste Yoga - Tier 3 Certified, Completed Level 1,2,3 and FIT to LEAD Graduate, Assisted Multiple Programs for Baptiste Institute
- 100 Hour Anusara Immersion with Sianna Sherman
- Participated in multiple trainings with Global Yoga Leaders/Teachers
- Yin Yoga Training
- Embodied Yoga Pranayama Teacher Training
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TSY)
- YACEP Certified
- 200 Yoga Alliance Approved Embodied Yoga Teacher Training
- Currently in 500 Hour Yoga Medicine Teacher Training Program
- Reiki Level 2 Certified
- Barre Certified
- REAL Ryder Certified
- Over 8,000 Yoga Alliance Approved teaching hours
- Primary Facilitator and Leader of Teacher Training Programs for since 2011; programs include both Adult and Teen Teacher Training Programs.
- Facilitated Unstoppable Training for Baptiste Yoga
- Create content for multiple programs
- Created Youth Programs for Teens and At Risk Youth in Ohio
- Facilitate Retreats, Workshops and All-Day Immersions
- Volunteer at Juvenile Detention Centers in Ohio, Youth Rehabilitation Centers since 2014; part of the Bethany Homeless Shelter team for 3 years; mentor for Africa Yoga Project for 5 years.
- Presenter at Wanderlust in Lake Tahoe, 2014
- Woman of Influence, 2015
- Legacy Lululemon Ambassador, 2013-2016
200 E-RYT; 500 RYT
Teaching Hours: 3,180
Training Hours: 2,705
200 E-RYT, 500 E-RYT, YACEP, Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Reiki I, Barre Certified
I began teaching at Simply Power Yoga in October, 2011, started co-facilitating the 200RYT Teacher Training programs in the Fall of 2014 and completed my 300 RYT in 2017. I am one of the primary facilitators of the 200 RYT programs and as part of the 300RYT Team, I currently co-facilitate the Anatomy 101 and the Sequencing/Transitioning modules. I have lead Assisting 101 workshops, Inversion Workshops, Inversion 101 Courses, and the Baptiste 40 days program. Through Simply Power Yoga, I volunteer at the Warren County Juvenile Detention Center and teach/assist at the Annual SPY Nemacolin Woodlands Yoga Retreats. I have also been part of the SPY team to teach yoga at the Bethany House and at Loveland High School with Special Education.
I recently completed a 20-hour Yoga Anatomy Course, Trauma Sensitive Training and Street Yoga Training. I am interested in working on receiving additional training in the area of Yoga for Chronic Pain.
Teaching Hours: 1,500
200 E-RYT, 500 RYT, YACEP, Trauma Sensitive Yoga
I’ve been practicing yoga since 2011 and it has been one of the greatest gifts of my life. As someone who has always gravitated toward teaching, I immediately had the desire to share what I was experiencing and receiving from yoga with others. I completed my 200 RYT training in 2014 and my 300 RYT training in 2017. Since then I’ve had the privilege of teaching over 1500 hours of yoga to students of all ability and experience levels in both public and private classes.
In January 2017 I helped create Simply Power Yoga’s “Yoga 101” workshops, which have since become Yoga 101 classes that are offered every week at SPY.
In April 2017 I began working with several elite gymnasts and have since worked with hundreds of elite, competitive and recreational gymnasts from all over the United States, parts of Canada and the UK. I’m currently working with teen gymnasts in partnership with USA Gymnastics incorporating yoga, meditation and relaxation techniques into their stressful and intense training schedules.
In October 2017 I participated in a ‘Yoga for Seniors’ training and began working with senior citizens, helping them improve their strength, balance and mental focus.
I’ve had the unique opportunity to volunteer with the youth at the Warren County Juvenile Detention center, helping them experience the difference yoga can make in their lives.
In addition to Yoga for Seniors, I’ve participated in trainings for Yin Yoga, Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Yoga for Anatomy/Breath and Assisting. I continually seek out books, online resources, and podcasts offered by experts in the fields of breath, meditation, anatomy, specialty yoga, restorative yoga and more.
For the last several years I’ve contributed to the 200 and 300 RYT trainings at Simply Power Yoga, facilitating practice teaching, Yoga History/Philosophy and Sequencing/Transitioning sessions. I also participate on the teaching/assisting team at the annual Nemacolin Woodlands Resort yoga retreat and am currently facilitating Baron Baptiste’s 40 Days to Personal Revolution program.
200 E-RYT; 500 RYT