Workshops & Events
The Art of Sequencing and Transitioning
Facilitator: Juli Heemer & Annette Richey
Location: SPY North
Date: February 23-24th, 2019
Time: Saturday 12:30-5:3 & Sunday 12:30-5:30
CEUs: 10 for 200 RYT
- Learn how to create a powerful flow that is creative, fun and purposeful. The focus will be sequences for heart openers, hip openers and accessing the enery systems (chakras) of the body.
- Learn how to sequence a class to make the whole body feel complete through integration, awareness and breath. Understand movement, expansion and extension in each sequence without losing the integrity of the body.
- Understand safe transitions which will link each sequence together to make the flow powerful, fun and purposeful. Understand the why behind what you are creating.
Power Flow Drums
Juin John and Heidi for a high energy class to the sounds of drums. Move to the vibrations of the drum and experience a whole new level of practice.
Meditation and Pranayama
Facilitator: Dennis Fox and Kelly Ross
Location: SPY North
Date: March 9th-10th 2019
Time: 12:30-5:30pm both days
Meditation & Pranayama will combine both practices throughout the weekend with each practice enhancing the exploration of the other practice. Meditation will explore different techniques to find focus and presence. Techniques will include guided mediation, breath-focused mediation, silent mediation, and a walking meditation. Our exploration of mediation will include breathing techniques from the pranayama program.
Pranayama will cover breathing anatomy and physiology, breathing practices and techniques, a breath-focused restorative practice, and a breath-focused exploration through movement of a teacher-led yoga practice. The promise of this weekend is teachers will have experience leading meditation practices and will have the knowledge to lead students in a breath-focused yoga practice.
Massage, Restorative & Breathing Practices
This class combines Massage Therapy, Restorative Yoga and Breath Work to completely relax the student while creating therapeutic healing techniques for the body. Discover ways to use your breath to reduce stress, sleep better and release energy in your body that is no longer nourishing.
Chakras- The Energetic Body
Facilitator: Heidi Fricke
This Workshop will take you on a journey through the seven energy systems of your body. Chakras are energy centers located in the midline of the body which organize emotions. In This workshop you will gain an understanding of each energy center and how it impacts your physical body, you will learn the colors and sounds associated with each chakra and so much more. Be ready for a day of discovery and to have fun.
This workshop will include:
- What are Chakras and where are they located in the body?
- Basic understanding of energetic anatomy.
- Yoga Postures related to each energy center
- Chakra Meditation